As a Business Analyst, you will be involved in website and mobile application projects, analysis of core products and will be responsible for understanding and interpreting business priorities, problems and opportunities into business process and systems solutions. Your role is primarily to document requirements and processes taking consideration of the business case, business benefits and company needs. You should act as the interface and translator between the business, end users and the technical stakeholders.
The successful Business Analyst will have a positive outlook and approach. They will enjoy taking ownership of project requirements. They will have the confidence to deal with Senior Stakeholders, both internally and externally and capture their requirements. They will have the mindset and ability to effectively drive requirements through the development life-cycle.
The Business Analyst will be required to travel frequently to our Clients’ sites across the UK.
Who we are.
Inspiretec is an established customer-first technology partner, providing end-to-end digital solutions to help organisations grow. Inspiretec is formed of four successful digital and technical companies, bringing best of breed and customer-first technology together under one roof for travel providers, tourism organisations and tour operators.
With twenty-five years’ industry experience, we are proven allies to some of the most recognised and well-known brands in the global travel sector. We've been the primary supplier of specialist tour operator systems to Travelopia and Thomas Cook for the last fifteen years. Our customers trust us to drive their growth and profitability, by investing in our industry expertise and technology systems. We serve those clients from our offices in the UK and North America.
We are proud to say that we are ISO 9001 accredited.
- Discover and define the underlying business need being addressed by the product or project requirement through engagement with key stakeholders
- Elicit functional and non-functional requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases / user stories, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Delivery of the following artefacts as needed: business requirements document, use cases, user stories
- Validate requirements map to the real business need
- Review ‘As Is’, define and agree with business ‘To Be’ processes
- Document requirements in a format that can be shared with internal and external stakeholders
- Input to and review general and detailed specifications and other project documentation raised by appropriate teams
- Ensure requirements are delivered through the sprint cycle by engaging with development/QA on low level design
- Own the requirement catalogue and ensure they are complete and unambiguous
- Document current business/product processes
- Organise the backlog
- Effective Communication and stakeholder management throughout the project life-cycle
- Successfully engage in multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience in working closely with external clients (essential)
- Demonstrable experience working in an Agile environment (desirable)
- CMS experience, such as Umbraco or Sitecore (desirable)
- Proven analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and change management skills
- Excellent consultative and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience of user acceptance testing of solutions
- Sound understanding of web technologies (desirable)
- More than one of: website/CRM/e-commerce/mobile experience
Previous experience of working as a Business Analyst with large scale project exposure
Knowledge of specified structured analysis techniques – JIRA (desirable)
Strong influencing skills, ability to demonstrate experience of managing stakeholders across IT and the business varying at different levels of seniority
Experience of the full development life cycle, including project inception and post-live change management
Experience of relationship building within both business, systems functions and with external suppliers
Package and benefits.
- 25 days holidays – ability to buy and sell 5 days per annum
- Benefits plan
- Profit sharing
- Social and technical events
- Personal development plans including technical training
- Flexible hours
- Paid sabbaticals
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Easy access to the M4 and major bus routes
- Free parking
- See our One Programme for more information
How to apply.
Please send your CV along with cover letter to email@example.com on why you would thrive in this role. Anything you feel will strengthen your application is an advantage.