We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join us at Inspiretec in Cardiff as a Front End Technical Lead. The successful applicant will play a key role in providing technical coaching and guidance to other front end members of the team and will be involved in our technical road map.
Our teams focus on solving clients’ problems via beautiful and clever websites and apps that engage, excite and transact online in the process. Front End Developers work closely with the creative design team, and with the backend developers who are utilising Microsoft .NET technologies and Content Management Systems- primarily Sitecore and Umbraco.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, with a strong desire to solve problems. They will be passionate about their work. Not satisfied simply to maintain their current knowledge, the successful Front End Technical Lead will have an appetite for personal development.
Who we are.
Inspiretec is an established customer-first technology partner, providing end-to-end digital solutions to help organisations grow. Inspiretec is formed of four successful digital and technical companies, bringing best of breed and customer-first technology together under one roof for travel providers, tourism organisations and tour operators.
With twenty-five years’ industry experience, we are proven allies to some of the most recognised and well-known brands in the global travel sector. We've been the primary supplier of specialist tour operator systems to Travelopia and Thomas Cook for the last fifteen years. Our customers trust us to drive their growth and profitability, by investing in our industry expertise and technology systems. We serve those clients from our offices in the UK and North America.
We are proud to say that we are ISO 9001 accredited.
How we work.
We look to constantly progress our skills and technology choices. We value elegant, quality code with an emphasis on scalable architecture and performance. Rather than implementing designs in a vacuum, we believe in a collaborative process to create something of greater value. Sharing knowledge is key, we work and learn together to improve as a team.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience of working within a similar role
- HTML – ability to structure markup semantically using BEM class names
- SCSS – good UI/UX skills to build complex modular layouts and interactions
- Design – an appreciation for design and its importance in the work you produce
- A good understanding of web usability standards and cross-browser development
Experience in the following would be beneficial.
- React – writing stateful and SFC components using best practices for performance
- Tooling – experience with Gulp, Webpack and Babel to compile and optimise code
- Interest in new technologies such as Styled Components, Apollo and NextJS
- Sitecore / Umbraco experience
- Knowledge of the travel market would be helpful, although not essential
What we value.
- Being sociable and friendly
- Clear and strong communication of ideas
- A self-motivated mindset with a desire to solve problems
- Interests in other fields, whether it’s Design, VR, travel or crafts
Package and benefits.
- 25 days holidays – ability to buy and sell 5 days per annum
- Benefits plan
- Profit sharing
- Social and technical events
- Personal development plans including technical training
- Flexible hours
- Paid sabbaticals
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Easy access to the M4 and major bus routes
- Free parking
- See our One Programme for more information
How to apply.
Please send your CV along with examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s also important that you explain what you have done on each project, your role, responsibilities and challenges. We’d also love to see your GitHub, Codepen, or anything you feel will strengthen your application.