We are entering another exciting period of growth within our engineering teams. We are therefore looking for a .NET Software Engineer to join us here at Inspiretec and to get involved in some of the fantastic projects that we have going on. As a .NET Software Engineer you will work on product-based development for our clients in the travel sector, as well as internal R&D. You will work as part of a scrum team, implementing our functional and technology road-map for the leisure travel industry in the UK and internationally.
Who we are.
Inspiretec is an established customer-first technology partner, providing end-to-end digital solutions to help organisations grow. Inspiretec is formed of four successful digital and technical companies, bringing best of breed and customer-first technology together under one roof for travel providers, tourism organisations and tour operators.
With twenty-five years’ industry experience, we are proven allies to some of the most recognised and well-known brands in the global travel sector. We've been the primary supplier of specialist tour operator systems to Travelopia and Thomas Cook for the last fifteen years. Our customers trust us to drive their growth and profitability, by investing in our industry expertise and technology systems. We serve those clients from our offices in the UK and North America.
We are proud to say that we are ISO 9001 accredited.
- Design, code, test and document new features and system components, using agreed standards and tools
- Conduct reviews of requirements and specifications and contribute to code and design reviews
- Work with product owners, testers, analysts and architects within an Agile team to deliver application features end-to-end
- Undertake analysis and design of new features and contribute to the analysis and design of larger systems
- Produce detailed designs including for example: physical data flows, file layouts, common routines and utilities, and application specifications or prototypes
- Evaluate potential frameworks and tooling, demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products
- Identify and resolve issues with applications, following agreed procedures
- Use application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics
- Carry out agreed support
- Undertake applications maintenance tasks
What we value.
- Degree in Maths, Physics, Astrophysics, Computer Science or related discipline
- Have a genuine interest for software development
- Be curious and enthusiastic about learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the .NET platform (C# or VB.NET)
- ASP.NET (knowledge of ASP.NET MVC an advantage)
- XML & web services
- SQL Server
- Clear and strong communication of ideas
- A self-motivated mind-set with a desire to solve problems
- Willingness and confidence to speak directly with clients
- Interests in other fields, whether it’s web design, blogging, VR or travel
Package and benefits.
- 25 days holidays – ability to buy and sell 5 days per annum
- Benefits plan
- Profit sharing
- Social and technical events
- Personal development plans including technical training
- Flexible hours
- Paid sabbaticals
- Research and development opportunities
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- See our One Programme for more information
How to apply.
Please send your CV along with cover letter and anything you feel will strengthen your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.