Incentriq Canada Inc. is part of a UK organisation called Inspiretec Group Ltd and due to continued success in the UK and Canada we are expanding our team which will be based in Liberty Village Toronto. We develop leading travel technology specialising in the provision of software products and solutions to the travel industry.
At Inspiretec we are seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer who loves solving problems and who can learn and work at "internet speed". We are looking for a dynamic individual, to develop a number of our Java based products, across a number of exciting Projects.
We use the Java platform on Linux primarily with Mongo as our NoSQL persistent data store. We also integrate disparate data sources from direct SQL to web services.
The successful applicant would be required to work very closely with our Java teams in the UK. The ability to communication clearly and effectively is therefore essential.
What we value.
- Our platform is primarily Java-based, so strong Java and OOD skills are an absolute must
- You will have a solid grounding in how web based server-side applications and databases work
- Be totally committed to writing the most efficient, scalable and robust code possible, and to continuously improve your ability in this area
- Enjoy / understand the importance of working in all layers of the platform architecture - UI, business logic and persistence
- Being comfortable working in a rapid iteration development cycle moving from prototype to production while engineering to a high level of quality, using leading automated testing techniques
- A willingness to pro-actively research and use new libraries and projects as needed to add new platform capabilities to complete our roadmap
- Experience with Linux and Mongo is advantageous
- Understand how to describe and design a system in terms of data structures and algorithms, in order to participate effectively in core design workshops
- Knowledge of the travel market would be helpful, although not essential
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch would be beneficial, but is not essential
- Most important of all... where you don't know something, be happy and ready to roll your sleeves up and learn it!
Package and benefits.
- 25 days holidays – ability to buy and sell 5 days per annum
- Benefits plan
- Profit sharing
- Social and technical events
- Technical training
- Flexible hours
- Paid sabbaticals
- Research and development opportunities
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- See our One Programme for more information
How to apply.
Please send your CV along with cover letter and anything you feel will strengthen your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.